14 Apr Too Busy To Enjoy Life. STOP! |Escape the Trap of Busyness NOW
Life is short. Time on earth is limited for all of us. It takes wisdom to realize this and begin to live intentionally and make the most of every single moment.
BUSY means Being Under Satan’s Yoke. Busyness is a silent trap and killer of dreams, relationships and careers but you can avoid and escape it.
Too Busy To Be Grateful
There is so much to be thankful for – sight, appetite, good sleep, health etc. A grateful heart reminds us to take nothing for granted.
- Thank God for all He has done and is doing in your life.
- At the family table, at least once a week, let each member share what they are most grateful for in life at that moment.
- Rather than worry about what you don’t have or desire to have, delight in what you have now.
Too Busy To Know God
God designed us to have a relationship with Him. Every time we neglect to feed our innerperson on scriptures, we begin to drift, lose focus and miss God’s will for our lives. If you’re too busy to have time alone with God, you’re hurting yourself more than you realize.
- Study and meditate on scriptures daily.
- Spend time with God in prayer daily.
- And the greatest expression of your knowledge and love for God is obeying His Word.
- Attend a church that builds you to spiritual maturity, not one that exploits you. Read the article Is Church Using You Or Are You Using It?|6 Church and Member Responsibilities
Too Busy To Love
Love for God and others gives life meaning. At the end of our lives, what matters is not what we owned or achieved but who we loved.
The greatest expression of your love for anyone is time spent with them. Unfortunately, busy people spend more time building their businesses and careers than building their relationships.
- Stop work early to go home and be with your family.
- Switch off TV, movies and radio while taking meals and connect.
- Take your spouse out for a date at least once a month.
- Catch up with friends as often as you can.
- Do something for someone in need – an orphan, widow, the homeless, the hungry, the naked, the stranger and the prisoner. Put it on your calendar.
Too Busy To Enjoy Life
There is much to enjoy around us that we stop to enjoy because we’re too busy. When was the last time you noticed the beauty of the sunrise, the blue sky and the sunset? What of the moon and the stars in the clear dark sky!
- Enjoy food and drink without haste. Ecclesiastes 9:7.
- Get enough sleep. Fatigue and sleep debt are not good for your productivity, relationships and health.
- Take a walk in the morning or evening with a family member or a friend.
- Once in a while go on a retreat with loved ones to a quiet, beautiful place outside the busy city life for a weekend.
- Take a hot or colder bath or shower and linger there to relax and refresh.
- Develop a hobby in something that makes you happy. I enjoy preparing meals, watching documentaries and reading in my free time.
Refuse the restless striving that brings men and women to the brink of ruin. Learn to be happy and enjoy your life.
Build wonderful memories so when you grow old, you’ll have fewer regrets. Set yourself free, slow down and enjoy every moment of your life.
Hirwa G. Israel is a child of God, married to Damalie and blessed with two girls. His life assignment is to teach and disciple Christians to maturity, and to equip and coach leaders to accomplish God’s purpose in their generation. He serves as the CEO of The Hud Group Uganda and team leader of Pass On Leadership Africa.